Point of Sale Systems – Preventing Data Loss
Data loss is among the horrors of computer based systems and businesses. In fact, data loss is one of the main reasons why some companies forcibly closes, because thousands of information was deleted and was never recovered, most of them being critically important and leaves the company severely impaired. And being on a business that uses point of sale systems, you are among those who might be affected by this catastrophe, a disaster that could render your business wasted to nothing. How can we prevent this from happening? Fortunately, there are a number reasons to do that. And with these tips, you can be rest assured that your data will never be lost, or if there are any loss, it would only be a very minor amount of data loss.
Reasons of Data Loss
Before we go into the methods of preventing data loss, we must first know about the things that causes data loss and/or corruption. With enough knowledge of the causes of this catastrophic event, we will be able to deploy better precautionary measures to prevent this from happening.
- Human Errors – this is one of the major reasons of data loss. Make sure that you set appropriate permissions to your staffs and limit what they can do to the main back end/settings of the system. Alliance Bundle provides authentication cards and security measures to prevent your staff from bypassing and/or doing inappropriate actions on your POS.
- Insufficient Staff Knowledge – sometimes, a newly deployed employee might nit have enough understanding of how a POS system works. this may lead to unwanted commands to the POS that might cause it to malfunction. Therefore, you must train your staffs to use POS systems before you deploy them to the area. There are some vendors who offer this kind of bonus and we are among of them.
- Faulty System Installation – There are so many dangers that a faulty system installation can bring to any computer system. Make sure that your POS installation is handled by professional technicians. Here at Alliance Bundle, we handle professional installation for you.
- Power Failure – Unexpected power failure can be a catastrophic event to any electronic devices.
- Hackers – they are those who lurks in the deep belly of the internet that searches for opened internet ports. Usually, they try to attack your system gathering information about your customer’s financial information and they could also completely destroy your database.
Tips to Prevent Data Loss
Now that we know some of the things that causes data loss and/or corruption, we can easily devise precautionary techniques that will help us to achieve security and maintenance.
As we have learned above, faulty installation and human errors can contribute to data loss. Therefore, make sure that you have a good installation and proper employee orientation about the system.
- Create local and remote backup copy of your database.
- Make sure you have a stable electric supply, be ready to use generators just in case.
- Print hard copy of your database’s sensitive information.
- Create/generate backup of your database in a daily manner. If possible, about 4 times a day is great, especially if you have a round-the-clock business. However, it might consume large amount of disk space, so you’ll need a dedicated storage device for your back-up files.
- Choose the best vendor that will provide you with both installation, training and delivery services. With this, you will never have to worry about the majority of your system stability.
Our company offers the best way to keep your data secured and stable. We have durable systems that can survive even the most catastrophic events and we will assist you further with helping hands if ever you have problems with our POS systems.
data data recovery point of sale system POS prevent data loss